1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

what's the best trimmer for me

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by hokeypokey, Aug 6, 2004.

1. hokeypokey

hokeypokey LawnSite Member

i have 1 acre with a lot of ditch and rough tree-line and i'm looking at a shindaiwa t22 and a stihl fs55. they are both sold locally for $199.00. i've heard good things about both but i'm leaning towards the bigger stihl, or is the shindaiwa big enough and or good enough. thanks

2. kkat

kkat LawnSite Member

You cant go wrong with the shindaiwa, I have 2 shin trimmers that are awsome machines. if you can do it I would look at the T231 real nice trimmer

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a Red Max BCZ2600S trimmer!!! I love mine, I got it at my local dealer for $299!!!!

4. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

I also would suggest the t230/231 trimmer. I have one and it's great. Powerfull, but still very lightweight.

5. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

We run all shin 270...they are great trimmers....will be gettuing a 350 shortly....should have seriouc power.....Wont go wrong w/ the 270 tho. (we have a 230 for the women on our crews...light weight and OK on power but I'd really rather have more power hence the 270s)