1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What's The Best Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HAILE'S LAWN, Apr 28, 2002.

1. HAILE'S LAWN

HAILE'S LAWN LawnSite Member

I'M LOOKING FOR THE BEST TRIMMER BAR NONE,
    I'VE HAD ECHO 2501, HUSKY 322L AND WAS NOT HAPPY WITH THEM:mad:

2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to Lawnsite. First I would do a search. Personally I use a Tanaka TBC-2510 . The Tanaka is a great trimmer for what I use it for. I bought it in the fall and it has just been all positive so for. Might wanna try a Redmax, Shindaiwa, or a Stihl. A lot of people around here run them and they are workhorses.

3. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

Sthil fs 80 i cant have a complant

4. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

i run all shindaiwa trimmers and have for some time but if i had to pick another it would be stihl and/or husky, in that order.

5. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

We use Shindaiwa t-230's. Light and powerful, great all around trimmers.

6. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

I runs Stihl FS 85. Plenty of power.

7. Parrothead

Parrothead LawnSite Member

Kawasaki, Robin, or Stihl

8. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

first off the T230 is really not a great commercial trimmer. Get some T270's and be done with it. It seems like everyone carries shindaiwa so parts are easy to get if you happen to need them. I have tried the other brands like the echo SRM2601's and when i finally switched to shindaiwa I felt like trmming wasn't as bad anymore. The 270 has more than enough power and wont kill you with it's weight. So, dont make a mistake buy a shindaiwa

9. bkd

bkd LawnSite Member

I have a stihl FS 80 and FS 85. Lightweight, easy to load trimmer head, little vibration, and lots of power. I am a very satisfied customer.

10. mikal

mikal LawnSite Member

i love my husk 322l, its light, full of pep, and well ballanced. Also it is a straight shaft so if the one you had wasnt maybe thats y