• Chevy

Votes: 64 20.4%
  • GMC

Votes: 26 8.3%
  • Ford

Votes: 153 48.9%
  • Other

Votes: 19 6.1%

What's the best truck manufacture today?

35K views 90 replies 43 participants last post by  PropertyPros 
#1 ·
What truck are you guys running?

#3 ·
I guess if I were climbing the rockies with heavy loads, then I might consider a chevy....but I don't, and I have beaten the piss out of Fords and they have treated me well. As I'm sure many Chevy drivers will say.....so, go with best dealer support, and the little things that you like better.
JMO

#4 ·
I guess if I were climbing the rockies with heavy loads, then I might consider a chevy....but I don't, and I have beaten the piss out of Fords and they have treated me well. As I'm sure many Chevy drivers will say.....so, go with best dealer support, and the little things that you like better.
JMO
I agree, owned them all and the dealer and support is the key to having a nice truck!

#5 ·
Between my dad's Dodge and my Ford. I've ran the crap out of my Ford and nothing stops it. Towed loads way to heavy for it, and just ran it really hard in general. I think Ford makes one of the best work trucks out there.

#6 ·
Got to say I love my NEW 2010 Toyota Tundra. Alot more truck for alot less Money! And I have always been a Ford Man. But Couldn't see paying 6K more for less truck with less options.

#8 ·
Got to say I love my NEW 2010 Toyota Tundra. Alot more truck for alot less Money! And I have always been a Ford Man. But Couldn't see paying 6K more for less truck with less options.
Or less reliability...I love my 3 Yota's
Posted via Mobile Device

#10 ·
Ford all the way

#12 ·
x2.............
i bad my f250 1999. Got it brand new in 1999
it has 158,000 miles on it now. I have put tire on it 4 times. It still has the same muffle on it. But today i got a hole in it. So i stop and got one today to put on it. My 2008 dump 1 month ago got fuel tank and lines done. It 38,000 miles on it. It was rushing out. The dealer did it free for me because i just got 2 new truck from them.

#14 ·
04 e-250 86,000 miles. Havnt done a thing but oil changes. 08 Ranger 54,00 same.
my 01 f-350 went to 175 with the original exhaust.
been driving em for 30 yrs . No turning back now.
i had 1996 range put 190,000 miles on it.

#17 ·
Stan , I assume your from southern Maine , as northern Maine is chevy country.
you are right southern parts of maine. on chev i dont like how the seats are. i just dont like how i feel in them. feeling to me not right.

#18 ·
Casco Bay Ford Stan????
wrong on casco bay. all my truck come from Wiscasset ford. casco bay would not cut on the amount of the truck. a guy down the road from me work at wiscasset ford. he will take my truck for me. if it has to go it. plus they will get me give loaner if i need it. on my f450 i save 8000.00 by get it from wiscasset then casco bay. on 2008 i stop in casco bay and told them what i wanted to pay and they said not way. went to wiscasset and told them what i wanted to pay got it. i am a price shopper. so i just stay with wiscasset ford.

#19 ·
#20 ·
Nope, Ford here....used though, so didn't go through any dealer. Good to know about Wiscasset vs. Casco Bay. Only prob. is if the truck needed to be towed, big $$$$ all the way up to Wiscasset.

You all set for the winter? I ended up passing on that account that we had talked about. Gonna focus on fertilizing/seeding.

We should talk, I sometimes have customers that ask about mowing...Ok, back to the thread! Ford always...

Bought a '91 F250 from the yarmouth school dept. back in '03, put a flat bed/dump from Coastal Metal Fab and beat the hell out of it for 5 years before it blew a cylinder....plowed heavily from day one with the school guys, then I pounded it in the winter and hauled 4 yds mulch/grass clippings regularly all summer. Getting rid of my 98 expedition with 256k...still runs fine. ORiginal exhaust still on it!

#21 ·
Nope, Ford here....used though, so didn't go through any dealer. Good to know about Wiscasset vs. Casco Bay. Only prob. is if the truck needed to be towed, big $$$$ all the way up to Wiscasset.

You all set for the winter? I ended up passing on that account that we had talked about. Gonna focus on fertilizing/seeding.

We should talk, I sometimes have customers that ask about mowing...Ok, back to the thread! Ford always...

Bought a '91 F250 from the yarmouth school dept. back in '03, put a flat bed/dump from Coastal Metal Fab and beat the hell out of it for 5 years before it blew a cylinder....plowed heavily from day one with the school guys, then I pounded it in the winter and hauled 4 yds mulch/grass clippings regularly all summer. Getting rid of my 98 expedition with 256k...still runs fine. ORiginal exhaust still on it!
yes all set on plowing 4 truck going. if we get snow. on that truck from the school at lease you know that the work was done on it. the town dose take care of the truck. a friend of my work at the town shop working on the trucks.

#22 ·
They did take good care of it. The only things that were a problem is that a lot of times the guys driving it would leave it idling a lot for 20+ minutes during the winter. The other thing was they were running a 1yd sander in it and the bed was not in very good shape....hence the new bed on it. Great truck for only paying $3100 for it!

#24 ·

on towing i have aaa and it help a lot in the winter. one winter i got stuck on the island 200 oclock in the morning. call them to pull me out on end road the drive had to back down the road to pull me out. that was the year we had 23 storms. 23 would be nice this year.

#25 ·
So you Maine gentleman ever do buss with Abbots in Waterboro? I think they are a walker dealer, bought a sled of em last yr.
my 4 wheeler come from them. my mowers came larrys in lewiston. i lived in hollis until poland spring bottling company come in. i sold my house and land to them so they could put the new plant in. made a lot money from on that deal. i do all the field mowing for them in the state of maine. i do the mowing of the 2 bottling plants hollis and poland spring in the summer. they try to get me to do the mowing in new Hampshire for them.

#26 ·
My business is running two trucks right now, my mom's (no laughs please lol) 81 F-150 single cab long bed, and my partner just bought a 2000 Chevy 1 ton extended cab with duals. I want to get a Tacoma when I get the money. Any opinions on the Tacoma? It would only be pulling a trailer with a push mower or two, maybe a bit more in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.