• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

What's The Fastest Way To Rip Up Pachysandras

NJSalesPro

LawnSite Member
Hi all, I have a client on Saturday who wants, literally, a field of pachysandras ripped out. What's the fastest way to do this? Is there a machine, or is manual the way to go? Need advice - thanks!

nobagger

LawnSite Gold Member
A Skid Steer? Do you mean a Bobcat? In NJ we call it a Bobcat!
OMG,lol Well Bobcat is a manufacture who make a "skidsteer". But I agree with the other guy, a skid steer or Bobcat as you guys in Jersey call them, would be the way to go.

BSDeality

LawnSite Silver Member
pachysandra should be chemically killed before you try that unless you plan on mowing it forever to kill any new shoots that will come up. That being said, it is harder than the average plant to kill pachy. as it has a waxy coating that will resist chemicals

OP
NJSalesPro

NJSalesPro

LawnSite Member
it's also like Xerox, go make a xerox - it's a generic term meaning any skidsteer in NJ. By the way, Skidsteering is not the proper way to steer the machine even though I know how to do it!

Viseras lawn service

LawnSite Member
hit it with Prosecutor Round up, let it burn up, scrape it off with the BOBCAT, then harley rake the roots out, lay fresh topsoil, seed and hay.

Viseras lawn service

LawnSite Member
hit it with Prosecutor Round up, let it burn up, scrape it off with the BOBCAT, then harley rake the roots out, lay fresh topsoil, seed and hay.