1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the scoop on Gatormade trailers?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 4curbappeal, Feb 3, 2010.

1. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know much about this trailer company in southern Kentucky? I'm seriously looking at the 6.4 X 16 for around $1700. Whats the good, the bad and the ugly on these trailers? Looks pretty solid to me!

Here is the link:
    http://www.gatormade.com/trailers/trailerpages/16ftdualaxelutil.php

Here is the link to the trailer I really want, but a little too much for what I have to spend.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-18-Load-Tra...cmdZViewItemQQptZTrailers?hash=item2a027f6488

Let me know what you all think. Thanks

2. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Huh, that link you posted looks like a good trailer, I like solid sides though. How did you find the price? I'm interested in their enclosed trailers.

3. Shrekish

Shrekish LawnSite Member

I have a Load Trail dump trailer IMO you wont find a better built trailer. The welds are perfect and all steel part's are machine cut or stamped not cut with a torch, hit with a grinder and welded on. It pulls and back's grate. Looking at the two you are comparing I would not want a trailer with 1' side's. The load trail is expensive but look what your getting. 2' mesh side's, lock box, side ramp,and a good heavy duty back gate. By the way that trailer looks it will be with you a long time. It might be worth waiting a bit longer until you have the money than buy something not as good.

4. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Also check out PJ trailers, I just bought one of their dump trailers last pring and it's great. Built like a tank so I can only assume that the rest of their trailers are built well. I still think either of those trailers you posted the link to will get the job done just fine though.

5. LawnmastersMikejr

LawnmastersMikejr LawnSite Member

The only problem I've had with the Gator trailers is the wiring for the lights. They're very well made and are very durable.

6. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

cCall the factory and they will direct you to a dealer near you or google gatormade trailers.

7. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

That thing is bright, but it looks well built. Ramp looks strong also!

8. gtmorgan89

gtmorgan89 LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

I have both 16' and 14' Gatormade trailers. The quality is great with a wrapped tongue, high quality wood, and neat welds. You absolutely can't beat the prices from the factory in Somerset, KY. Its worth the drive.