1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What's this business worth?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by muxx, Jan 24, 2012.

1. muxx

muxx LawnSite Member

Hi, I have been contemplating selling my lawn care business. I have been in business for 21 years now. Just wondering if anyone has a good idea what it may be worth selling. I have $100,000 in accounts which I know they can change when they feel like it. I have 4 exmark 60" lazers with two bagging systems, 1 48" exmark walk behind, stihl weedeaters and blowers, 1 bed edger, 1 sidewalk edger and 1 walkbehind vacuum billy goat. Numerous other things. Most accounts i have had for over 15 years. Thanks for any input.

2. steve4611

steve4611 LawnSite Member

This might help. I wouldn't enter any personal info (address, etc.) to avoid future solicitations, but it will be a good starting point for you.

BizEquity

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Have a broker do a professional valuation. You have significant sweat equity but that usually doesn't amount to much financially. Additionally most people with 6 figures to invest aren't looking for a lawn business. Its unfortunate as most of us damn near kill ourselves making lawncare into a real business.
    Posted via Mobile Device