1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

whats this worth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenmonster304, Jun 24, 2008.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I want to buy this for my house but I don't know much about mowers since I am an irrigator by trade. It is last years model used only the begining of this season. the guy decided he didn't like cuting grass. It is a 36" belt drive toro and comes with extra blades, catch basket, and a velky (spelling?). So what do you guys think of these mowers and what should I pay for it? Thanks.

IMG00041.jpg

IMG00042.jpg

IMG00043.jpg

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

nobody has any input?

3. ACE

ACE LawnSite Member

Not sure for that one. Just bought 07 model exmak hydro floting deck around 5500.

4. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

If usage is like you say maybe $1500+/-. New was probably mid to high 2s. Its belt drive, has the small motor. Otherwise should be good. I have the 32 version and it is OK, but it is a bear to turn around tightly.

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I was going to say maybe around $ 1,900 - $ 2,000 !!

6. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

From the photos it appears to be in like new or close to it condition. I will be conservative and estimate its worth between 1500 and 2000 depending on year and condition it is actually is in person. For a home owner it would be a great mower with in its limits. I used to own one just like it and its a well built reliable machine. I think I spent around 3000 brand new with a sulky and much kit If you end up buying it a great add on besides a sulky is a grass gobbler or a product like it. Great for leaf clean ups in the fall. Mulch the leaves up with a couple passes with the mower then put on the Gobbler and bag them.

7. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Thats probably closer to what its worth, but if you are buying and the seller is desperate why not start low. Of course if I was selling I wouldnt agree.

8. S.A.L.

S.A.L. LawnSite Member
    from NOLA

I've got that Kawi motor on my Gravely 36".
    It's good on gas and has plenty enough power for my needs.
    That mower should last a homeowner a long time.
    I bought my '06 Gravely for $1000 from a homeowner whom put 76 hours on it.(Ebay)
    I'd offer $1K, but go as high as $1500.