Whats up with Bobcat?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor

LawnSite Bronze Member
I got a quote from Bobcat for a new T650 w/ the A91 package and a E60 mini ex with cab, thumb and 2 buckets. The prices totaled $114,000 (we are set up as a government entity), not bad but still $11,000 more then Kubota and Kubota offered us a 2yr warranty and Bobcat only offered 1yr. Worst part of it was Bobcat said it would be 150 days til they could deliver the machine. Who the hell is gonna wait 5 months for a machine?

ksss

LawnSite Fanatic
Me. I waited a total of 9 months. Not all of that was due to the OEM's inability to build it any faster but a number of unfortunate circumstances. I was ok with that up until about 2 months ago, then it got stupid.

For your situation however, its Winter such as it is this year, by the time your 5 months is up your looking at April/May just about the time things thaw out. If you really want BC negotiate a loaner as you need them until your machines hit the ground.

TomG

LawnSite Senior Member
Me too. I waited 5 months for my E50. It was worth it. And DONT buy the E60. Its really a Doosan, just compare the E50's and E60's specs the E50 blows it away, and its less money and a little smaller. We were going to get the E60 but decided to get the E50.

OP
A

Albery's Lawn & Tractor

LawnSite Bronze Member
I plan on sticking with my initial choice of going with the Kubota machines. I am a fan of Bobcat CTL's but I was told we would have to rent a machine til then, that's an additional $20K!! The salesman acted shock when I told him there was no way in hell I would do that. I was really expecting the price for the mini to be alot cheaper.

ksss

LawnSite Fanatic
I plan on sticking with my initial choice of going with the Kubota machines. I am a fan of Bobcat CTL's but I was told we would have to rent a machine til then, that's an additional $20K!! The salesman acted shock when I told him there was no way in hell I would do that. I was really expecting the price for the mini to be alot cheaper.

Thats seems like a silly amount of money to me. Surely they could let you rent a couple of used machines at a cut rate or work some kind of magic to make it work till yours came it. It not like they would get a buch of hours in the Winter months anyway.

Maybe they just dont think the deal is worth the effort.

OP
A

Albery's Lawn & Tractor

LawnSite Bronze Member
Well they're not making much if anything off of selling to us so they're trying to make it up on the rental side. Work doesn't stop out here just because winter is here. Ron the cat dealer is the same way, atleast 2 months out but was willing to rent at a slightly better rate.
Posted via Mobile Device