Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for a ztr mower. I'm having a hard time finding much to look at and compare in my area. Last weekend I did find a True Value store that carries Husqvarna ztr's. Both residential and commercial. The commercial offerings looked awesome. It was too cold to try it out, but I did like what I saw. They run around 6k for a 25hp, 61" cut. (Kawa v twin or Kolher motor). But in searching the internet for info on them I found this site. So far, noone has a good word to say about the brand. No specific faults mentioned though.
Whats the low down on these, please?
I'll also be looking at exmarks, and grasshoppers thanks to info on this site. Glad I found yall!!!!!

Thanks,
Chunk!

·
Registered
114 Posts
People probably don't like Husqvarnas because they are associated with homeowner equipment. I don't now much about them but sometimes a company that makes mostly homeowner stuff doesn't get much respect for their commercial equipment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I've also heard (on another forum), about a city that has the husqavarna commercial units for town mowing. He said they were in the repair shop more than they were mowing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Husky's line is owned by Electrolux.

·
Registered
3 Posts
husky's commercial mowers are decent units. they are nice because they are very easy to service. the biggest problem i see with them is that it takes two or three days to get parts. if you got an exmark almost every part can be shipped in a day

·
Registered
569 Posts
you would better of with an Exmark if there is a good dealer in your area

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good advice Potchkins.
No Exmark dealer in my area though. I ended up buying a Scag Wildcat. 61" deck. 27hp Kohler eng. I've got 8 hours on er so far, and boy do I like it. It is everything I was hoping for in a ZTR.
Thanks for all replies.
Chunk

·
Banned
4,396 Posts
I likemy exmark, but I've had to wait more than a couple days on more than one occasion to get the part I needed. (engine parts from kawi and kohler). Parts availability matters, but I keep backup units so it's not as big a factor for me.

And there seems to be a lot of misinfomation tossed about as to the quality of Husqvarna mowers. I hope you do realize that the "husky" brand at Home Depot is not the same, nor are the homeowner units sold at Lowe's and elsewhere the same as a $4,000 or $8,000 commercial grade mower. Toro sells $200 mowers too. And they own Exmark and their own Toro proline series.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can't speak for Husky mowers, but I have owned one of their saws for about 8 years - 272XP - and to date, it has never needed anything but routine maintenance. Keeps on running, and still feels tight after all that time. It gets run every weekend during fall/winter sawing a couple of truckloads of firewood. Just won't quit.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I like my husky's, including the hoover mower, as I need that along shorelines around here :) good dealers around here too !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.