1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

whats your best money maker per sq. ft?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Feb 27, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i was bored so i did some figuring and my best lawn i do comes out to about .0023 per square foot. most of my regulars only come out to about half that number. so, give your best numbers. price/area.

2. lawnwizards

you know, come to think of it. i have this one small yard that i make about .016 per square foot. this equates out to 680.53 per acre. crazy.

3. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

alot of mine are .05 or better.

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i make the most inthe 4-9 thousand square foot range, .007. i never looked at it this way and never realized the small amount per sqft i make. crazy

5. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

SO you make $400.00 dollars for a 8,000 square foot lawn. Thats Amazing.

6. Dunn's

And this is on the other end of the unbelievable, you only make $18.40 on a 8,000 square foot.

7. lawnwizards

600 on a 6 acre lot which equals to 100 an acre.

8. Dunn's

6 Acres is not a lawn. there maybe a lawn in there. but most would call that property or acreage or land, or rough cutting, or any of the other things it would be called but not a lawn. Not trying to be rude. Just from the information you gave that is what most are going to come up with.

9. cwags73

cwags73 LawnSite Member

I wouldn't get out of bed for $18.40.

10. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I kind of agree. 6 acres is very different than a yard. Most of my yards are 1/4 to 1/8 acre parcels. And that is what I am targeting with door hangers as well.