1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Whats your best tip been?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yardtamer, Apr 25, 2008.

1. yardtamer

yardtamer LawnSite Member

I got a $50.00 tip on a $30.00 lawn this week!! I called and said you left to much money, and the homeowner said "no I didn't, That is for your impeccable work". I knew this was gonna be a great year!!:dancing:

2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

Had a fence painted last friday, painter left the hose running into the wood. guy called me told me that. I said i was sorry for that i will deal with it when i go by in the morning. well i was in the area that night so i stoped by. he gave me 200 bucks just for dealing with it so soon.

3. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 LawnSite Member

$40 for picking up and throwing in my dump, 3 previously pulled out (small) shrubs from the yard next to a clients. I made $40 a minute on that job...lol...

4. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Customer gave me $150 bucks to check his boiler when his heat alarm went off. Lost prime, so i bled the fuel line and fired it up. (he was in Fl on vaca)
    $150 was cheap, if pipes froze and burst it would have cost a LOT more.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Never buy a ZTR with a small engine.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

The IRS will enjoy this thread:laugh: