Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at Stihl, but I always seem to buy something then later wished I'd done more research...

Something thats a current model and that you'd really like for everyday usage....

My concerns in order are:

Reliability
Perfomance
Weight
Cost

(mods feel free to move this, if theres a better section)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Redmax and Stihl.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I use a robin nb 2050, weighs 8.5 pounds and has a steel drive shaft. cost about 200 bux, I have 3 years service with nothing more than a plug and filter change. Great trimmer for weekly trimming, A little weak for brush clearing

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I am an echo diehard, all products that is.

The only negatives I have against echo's stuff now is that the newer trimmers lose power over time. I run them with the guards off, which is probably why, but more than any other trimmer, after two seasons they really start to slow down, otherwise, they are excellent in my book.

Also, the newer echo blowers are very tempermental to start when they are hot. When they are cold (not started yet for the day) it never fails to start in 2 pulls. Once it gets hot, it gets very hard to start, dont know why?]

Everything else aside, I swear by echo day in and day out.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Echo, till someone comes out with a better lighter and cheaper and more powerful 26cc trimmer, I'm goin with Echo.

In fact, if you port the Echo engines ,and put fully adjustable carbs on em, I'm willing to bet you'd NEVER want a stock engine ever again.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Stihl, when I use to trim, ahhhh, the good old days :rolleyes:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Be careful with the Stihl trimmers. Mine have been burning out coils with regularity. We are in the process of switching over to Redmax. You get the longest warranty in the business with Redmax (2 years) vs. Stihl's 1 year warranty.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.