Lawn Care Forum banner

What's your oldest mower?

7K views 40 replies 38 participants last post by  LandscapeEscape88 
#1 ·
Just curious as to wha the oldest mower you still use commercially. I have a 1981 Lawnboy 19" push mower that I have used since I was a kid- every week- and am still using it for a trim mower. I love the dang thing and will never get rid of it!
Nostalgia and all that good stuff when I use it.:)

#2 ·
2 months:D

#7 ·
My oldest is a 1989 Ransomes Bobcat 54" walkbehind. I bought it used in 1992. My first real commercial mower. It was my primary machine even after buying a new 1993 48 Scag walkbehind. It earned it's keep for 2 years before I bought a ZTR, a 721 Grasshopper. I actually still have both. The Bobcat sits in the shop collecting dust. It has not been cranked since 1994. The Grasshopper sits in another shop and is used primarily for pulling other ZTR's out of the mud or lake :D I put about $500 worth of blade drive parts into it 3 years ago and got it almost complete. It now needs only a spindle pulley to be useable as a lawn mower.

#8 ·
1987 I beleive Kees w/b 36"... has about 100000000 hrs on it...Now im rebuilding it...The last time I used it (a year ago), it was still cutting great..putting all new spindles,pulleys,belts,tires and rims,filters,cables and grease fittings...Getting it ready for use again..

Chad

#9 ·
1988 wheel horse made by dixie chopper-724z

#14 ·
Here's my first mower! Really my first is an early '80s Toro rear-bagger. Still runs great! The one pictured was built around 1915 by 'Ideal Lawn Mower'. Some of you may have seen it in an earlier post of mine. And no, I don't know who the guy is!

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Picture frame Hat

#16 ·
Originally posted by ChadsLawn
1987 I beleive Kees w/b 36"... has about 100000000 hrs on it...Now im rebuilding it...The last time I used it (a year ago), it was still cutting great..putting all new spindles,pulleys,belts,tires and rims,filters,cables and grease fittings...Getting it ready for use again..

Chad
Originally posted by WeatherMan
1965 FD Kees 48" W/B Mower I bought it when I first Started for $200.00 And after I have Purchased many other john deere Mowers 36", 48" and the Z Rider I still use the FD Kees at least once a week. I love That Mower
I hope my Yazoo/Kees mower lasts that long.......I think
:dizzy:

#18 ·
It's all commercial Toro equipment.
And it all runs like new.
I'll never wear it out doing contract mowing.

'93 580-D 5,000 hrs.
'94 325 4WD 1,500+ hrs.
'93 325 3,000+ hrs.

Dave

#20 ·
Originally posted by FrankinJunkMachines
1992 scag SWZ 52" hydro w/b with sulky. [/QUOTE

Lawncare3,

When did you get a Scag? Yeh, we all know its you.
:rolleyes:

My oldest mower is a 2001 Cub 33" walkbehind.

#24 ·
1995 Toro groundsmaster 120 - 52"

Dave, How much do those 328's go for new?

#25 ·
1982 JD 314 with a Kohler motor in it that seems to only have about 8hp left in it, gets used maybe a few times in the year to cut our own lawn but thats all. Bought the machine back in '93 when we started with that and a '87 JD 214 that we sold about 4yrs ago.
Also have a real mower, its a push type that I found at a dumpster at an apartment complex we cut, dont know how old it is but it still cuts, has a wooden roller.
Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.