1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Whats your other source of income

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bdemir, Apr 2, 2000.

1. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

Yo, Vic. Welcome to the ranks. I also work full time as an A&P. 16 yrs., 14 w/USA. I myself am fed up with the unions and all the b.s. that has come along with the once high paying, prestigious career. Benefits just aren't what they used to be and fares have gotten so cheap anyone can fly now. Try to non-rev. w/a family of four. NOT! <br>I'm trying to get this biz. to the point I can sing that 'ol Jhonny Paycheck classic &quot;Take This Job and Shove It!&quot;<br>Welcome and much good luck to you!

2. CA Enterprises

CA Enterprises LawnSite Member

Alright, I'll play! I can't wait for the replies after this one.<p>I am a Meteorologist by trade and lawncare for fun and extra income.<p>Not let me Have It! I am sure there should be few good comments about a weather guy(lol)!<p>Adam:)

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Adam, I'll bet you get caught cutting in the rain at least once per week.

4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

After being a Mechanic for seven years, you're gonna welcome me to the profession CLM? LOl...that's hilarious!<p>Victor

5. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

i plow in the winter,and do handyman jobs,and if i really need money ill work on cars,but i am sick of the car thing,i rebuilt motors fot 10 years before mowing.<p>scott

6. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Guys, I've been in this business full time since 1987 and i've made some decent money. I do full time lawn care with some pesticide applications(licensed in Mo. and Il.) I have 3 to 4 seasonal employees who are very dependable, and whom I pay a decent wage($10/hr) I manage to make enough during the summer season to tide me over to the next season. My wife works and makes around 35,000, but I realistically bring home over $7,000/month for 7 months, so I can relax for five months and not have to worry about snow or the other winter worries.

7. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

I work as a baby sitter down at the county jail. Worked for a small maintenance company out of high school 10 years ago and just started my own last fall. Hoping next year to get enough customers so I can take a half time job at the jail.

8. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

Internet web site designer.<br>Student at University of Michigan.<br>Full time grounds care.<br>Yes, I am busy!

9. ZYAL8R

ZYAL8R LawnSite Member
    from ny

JR Physical Therapy student @ Utica College of Syracuse University

10. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I work full time in a factory at nite. Cut grass and design and install landscapes during the day. Going to landscape desgin school to get my degree. I don't have time for much else. Glad my kids are at the age where they are not at home much anymore. On the go all the time. I see the wife in the mornings for awhile and in the evenings for a couple hours. In eight years I can retire and will only be 48. That's when I'll go full time. I can't really give up my retirement benifits by quiting now. Well that's my story. Mowman