• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Wheel fell off of new Bobcat

Mike33

LawnSite Bronze Member
My new 220 with steel tracks that was installed by dealer last week with only 42 hours the wheel actually fell off. It has wheel spacers which i dont know if they torqued enough actually sheared all the studs off. My dealer came out made repair even gave a new wheel, but said i shoud check lugnuts everyday. How many of you check lugnuts every day?
Mike

dozerman21

LawnSite Bronze Member
A friend of mine bought a new S300 a few years ago, and he had a similar problem. The lugs were either not torqued right, or somehow worked loose, and he started getting play in his wheels. The wheels (no tracks) ended up wallering out on the studs, and he had to buy 2 new rims. One happened under warranty, but I think he ended up having to buy the other.

The Bobcat dealer also told him to check his lugs daily.:rolleyes:

lifetree

LawnSite Fanatic
A friend of mine bought a new S300 a few years ago, and he had a similar problem ... One happened under warranty, but I think he ended up having to buy the other. The Bobcat dealer also told him to check his lugs daily.:rolleyes:
To me it sounds like the dealer and/or manufacturer should provide a new mower for the sake of customer satisfaction. In my book, if you have a mower that you have to check the lug nuts everyday, it's time to get a new mower, new brand name, and a new dealer.

DBL

LawnSite Silver Member
To me it sounds like the dealer and/or manufacturer should provide a new mower for the sake of customer satisfaction. In my book, if you have a mower that you have to check the lug nuts everyday, it's time to get a new mower, new brand name, and a new dealer.
this aint no mower tire falling off here

mow king

LawnSite Senior Member
He's talking about a bobcat skidsteer loader....not a lawn mower.

lifetree

LawnSite Fanatic