• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Wheelbarrows: Scenic Road OR Brentwood?

recycledsole

LawnSite Gold Member
Looking to get a 10cubic foot wheelbarrow, dual wheel.
Just wondering wether to get the scenic road landscapers joy (poly)
or the brentwood poly.
The scenic road is about $100 cheaper and was recommended by a friend.
I have read a lot of good things about brentwoods on here too.
I have read the threads about wheelbarrows, just looking for more information and experiences.

Thanks a lot

ho72

LawnSite Member
I'm reviving this thread because I have exactly the same question. I (think) I need a ~8 cu. ft., dual wheel, turf tire wheelbarrow for moving dirt and rocks and don't want to make an expensive mistake. If it matters, I'm a homeowner and I can post in that area if need be. I just found thread this via a Google search and decided to try my luck.

Thanks.

Mac-s Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Senior Member
If your going to be moving just rock stick to a 6 cu ft single wheel jackson or true temper buggy. As a homeowner you will not likely see any capacity past 6 cu ft moving rock. I have a couple 10 cu ft plastic 2 tired buggies that are used only for muclh, they work great for that and filling them with a bobcat I get half a yard into the 2. I did google the scenic road buggy and wouldn't use something like that for anything but mulch.

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic
We use these exclusively now. Best wheelbarrows we've ever bought.

ho72

LawnSite Member
If your going to be moving just rock stick to a 6 cu ft single wheel jackson or true temper buggy. As a homeowner you will not likely see any capacity past 6 cu ft moving rock. I have a couple 10 cu ft plastic 2 tired buggies that are used only for muclh, they work great for that and filling them with a bobcat I get half a yard into the 2. I did google the scenic road buggy and wouldn't use something like that for anything but mulch.
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at the 8 cu ft size because it will see mulch duty down the road but needs to be tough enough to handle smaller loads of stone. What do you think is sub par with the Scenic?

Thanks, was not aware of that brand. Appreciate it.

Mac-s Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Senior Member
I have no experience with the scenic. The construction is similar to my mulch buggies and mine would never stand up to hauling the weight my 6 cu ft jackson's regularly do. I didn't see a price on the best wheelbarrow Mark linked but they look very nice and I would pay $400 or $500for one if I did things different.

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic
I have no experience with the scenic. The construction is similar to my mulch buggies and mine would never stand up to hauling the weight my 6 cu ft jackson's regularly do. I didn't see a price on the best wheelbarrow Mark linked but they look very nice and I would pay $400 or $500for one if I did things different.
Think we bought one at $230 or so. When we all realized how awesome they were, we went back and bought 4-5 more. Got a discount for that. Think we paid $200 each. Site One. Makes me not want to use another wheelbarrow again :laughing:

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic

I'd love to buy one or more of these but have no idea where to order them. I've looked online and never had any luck.