• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

When can I quit mowing

mak2

LawnSite Senior Member
I am in centeral indiana, when can I quit mowing. My accounts barely grew this week and I skipped last week, no growth. When can I offically quit?

OP
mak2

mak2

LawnSite Senior Member
yea this is my first year and I only have one leaf clean up account, I figured I would be doing that every couple weeks till it snows?

Roger

LawnSite Fanatic
It sounds like you want to quit mowing. Some of us rather ask the question, "When to I have to quit mowing?" I hate to see the season winding down on mowing.

topsites

LawnSite Fanatic
westwind said:
mow untill all the grass is at your minimum height.
Yeah LOL, Mow until it stops growing.

Some my yards stop now, others grow up until Xmas thou mine's a more southern climate, I'd still expect SOME Indy grass to grow well into November.

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
mak2 said:
I am in centeral indiana, when can I quit mowing. My accounts barely grew this week and I skipped last week, no growth. When can I offically quit?
Even when the grass stops growing there is still debris to be managed. It works out quite nicely because I can spend the time it would take to trim to blow leaves out from the sides and beds instead and just mulch the debris. Usually in and out in the same time it takes to mow during the growing seasons as long as they keep me coming regular (most do) so there's no hassel with trying to justify a "fall clean-up" fee. It equates to a mowing season through December (at least around here).

TURFLORD

LawnSite Senior Member
Mow the snow.:D