when did you add a ride on

vaacutabove

LawnSite Bronze Member
I started doing apps almost two years ago. I am treating almost 400k 6 times a year. I am full service so I still mow not that many tho. when did you add a ride on? im thinking about advertising spraying for the time. This could make it hard to keep up draging a hose. However I dont know a thing about ride ons never even been on one.

gebby

LawnSite Senior Member
Got my licence last winter. Got my ride on about 3-4 weeks later. I mow too. I'm either too old or too lazy to walk it all now. I would like to say I did enough new business to pay for it last year. Well, at least thats what I told my wife. Really it puts you in a better position to go after larger locations if you want to. As they say, time is money.

indyturf

LawnSite Bronze Member
Got my first ride-on after growing the business for 14 years. would have got one earlier but they didn't exist. lol Now in my 27th season and doing more production in less time than when I was 25. If your business can support it a ride-on is the only way to go.

OP
V

vaacutabove

LawnSite Bronze Member
Well im kinda with gebby i mow as well and that could support it no problem but looking at it from strictly spraying maybe not. Trying to figure out the want and need thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
V

vaacutabove

LawnSite Bronze Member
yea i was lookingat the cub cadet unit but they quit making it. But i also mightjust try andfinda used z jr. if its not to crazy of a price

turf hokie

LawnSite Silver Member
I ordered my first pg the day after I finished pushing and pulling hose on my first 15 acre commercial project.......

I was doing 2 million sq ft in residential with a push spreader, 50 gallon tank and back pack.

OP
V

vaacutabove

LawnSite Bronze Member
The biggest one i have is 3 acres and that is only spring and fall. And that sucks but good money
Posted via Mobile Device

turf hokie

LawnSite Silver Member
All I ever did was apps so that will play into my holding off as long as I could to purchase the ride on.

I was just about at the point of buying one at the 2 million sq ft mark, the commercial property just made it an easy decision.

Good luck.

DLCS

LawnSite Platinum Member
This is my second year with apps and I bought a new T-3000 from the start. Mowing is by far the majority of my work and I marketed my apps to them first. I don't have time to drag a hose and do all the mowing too, i wanted to be as efficient as possible so a ride was for me. My biggest is 5 acres and most are commercial. Readign Larry's posts helped me make the decision.