When do you bite the bullet and buy new trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by dmk395, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Washing them goes a long ways.

I have an '02 F350 that is a front line truck yet.

gcbailey likes this.
  2. Mark Oomkes

"Scrap" it...

3. Mark Oomkes

Someday you'll grow up...

Cam15 likes this.
  4. Mark Oomkes

It has nothing to do with your weight registration on your license plate...it is ALL about the GVWR that the manufacturer puts on the door or plate on the trailer.

5. Mark Oomkes

You do realize the Prez and congress can not control the economy...or recessions and depressions.

If so, the economy would always be great at election time.

Government can extend the amount of time it takes to recover from a recession.

6. Mark Oomkes

Probably on vehicles, but leases are working out quite well for me with equipment. I am currently leasing a NH tractor, JD 244 and Bobcat T650. They all have large payments during the winter when I use them the most and $0-$50 a month payments in the summer.

This way I don't have to worry about repairing emissions, electronics or anything but physical damage or regular maintenance. After 3 years I can turn them back in and get a new one to replace it or not. I don't have to sell anything. I can lease something larger or smaller if needs change. Make sure payments are covered by the contracts and it's working great.

Mark Stark likes this.
  7. prezek

prezek LawnSite Senior Member

Did you mangle the spreader to make it fit in the service body? I hear that’s a thing.

Cam15 likes this.
  8. Mark Oomkes

Had to cut off 2 of the tabs the original owner added for tiedowns, other than that it fits like a glove.

prezek likes this.
  9. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

Bud, they do control the economy in many many many ways. Im afraid you may be either drunk or confused.

Speaking of nickel and diming...do you know what repairs cost on a new truck vs my 10 year trucks that might need a thermostat for 12 bucks or maybe belt?

I take pride in my very low overhead costs and pickups are one thing i manage to save a ton on. A 2014 pickup is no more reliable than a 2008 pickup. It all depends on maintenance.

Cam15 likes this.
  10. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

I think you give influence too much credit when you label it control.

Mark Oomkes likes this.