When do you bite the bullet and buy new trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by dmk395, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Gold Member

2. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member

At the benefit of....?

I’ve been seeing a trend and it’s alarming. Anything educated or science backed is seen as false by half of the country... unless it fits their agenda

3. Cam15

Have you noticed that their all leftists?

rclawn likes this.
  4. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

Have you realized you're talking out of your sphincter?

5. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Cam I'll let this pass as your immaturity showing.

6. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

So we are all about good old trucks. We have 6 trucks in our fleet (lol if 6 is a fleet). They are all from superduty's. 1999 - 2004. All diesel and all auto. Three 4x4, three 4x2. They are completely paid off and on average, we dump about less then 2'gs a year in each one. So here is how I work it out. I have one truck that is a spare. Can tow anything. It is in perfect running condition. So when something breaks, we switch it out and fix the broken one. I have recently replaced all the injectors in both our 7.3's so they are good for another 20 years lol. My 4 6.0's are all bulletproofed. All trucks are in perfect shape. I send them from time to time to the body shop so that dings and scratches are fixed. Everything looks good, sharp and professional. We are in business to make money so we can buy our OWN personal trucks and toys. No one cares about a company truck so to speak. I will keep our old iron running until the frame snaps, and then think about maybe fixing it.

knox gsl, prezek, Cam15 and 4 others like this.
  7. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

As a 20 year solo operator, I drive a 1999 Ford F150 with only 159K miles on it. Debated upgrading, but it still runs good, looks OK and love having a topper on the back. Thought about leasing since my seasonal mileage is low, but afraid I might ding up a newer vehicle. Anyone lease?

Cam15 likes this.
  8. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member

They call them a fleece for a reason. Don’t rent a vehicle

9. Cam15

Let's make a fun little wager (no gambling) while Trump is in office, if there is a recession I will publicly admit that you where both right. But if there is no recession and the economy keeps booming then you both publicly admit I was right.

Mark Stark likes this.
  10. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

I was unaware of our current booming economy.

Let's not derail anymore ....