When do you send out your renewal proposals

lawnlandscape

LawnSite Senior Member
Location
Midwest
I am just wondering when you guys send out your renewal proposals for your last year lawn fertilization/weed control customers.

With the lack of snow I did it much earlier this year then in past years because a lot of people prepay and I was looking to get some cash in now.

Well.... I obviously did it to early because I sent them out 2 weeks ago and so far have gotten only about 5% back.

When do you guys normally send them out? :usflag:
 

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
Arkansas
I send a letter to each of my customers. I do this right at or around Jan 1st each year. My season is undoubtedly longer than yours so there's really no comparison there. The only reason I responded to this thread is to point out that I usually only get 10-15% of my customers to prepay each year. This is fine with me because I like the cash flow that I get from the other 85% through the year. 5% response after 2 weeks is a little slow but really not that bad...at least not for me.
 
OP
L

lawnlandscape

LawnSite Senior Member
Location
Midwest
I think 5 percent responding is horrid! Lol....
About 80 percent of our customers prepay, which I love it this time of year, and hate near the end of the season. :)
Posted via Mobile Device
 

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
Rochester, MN
I sent autorenew notices to all my customers last November for the 2012 season. That is simply to advise them I plan to service them in 2012. Prepay notices will probably go out mid Feb due by Mid March - that is when I usually think about buying 1st round fert and herbs.
 

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
Arkansas
I think 5 percent responding is horrid! Lol....
About 80 percent of our customers prepay, which I love it this time of year, and hate near the end of the season. :)
Posted via Mobile Device
I guess its all in what you're used to...I'd absolutely hate getting 80% of my annual revenue in the first month or 2 of the year. I wouldn't be able to concentrate on my work because I'd be too worried about being the "Budget Nazi" all season. No thanks, not for me. A little start up money from a few prepays and steady cash flow the rest of the year. Works great for me and my operation.
 

phillie

LawnSite Senior Member
Location
indianapolis, in
I leave them a letter with their last invoice reminding them my service auto renews and to notify my if they wish to make changes to their account. I am sending prepay letters out feb 1st but may change to nov this year. Nov. is when the bigger companies do it and if the customer pays you they are less likely to cancel. My customers dont have a service agreement to sign, they can cancel at any time.
 

LawnsRUsInc.

LawnSite Senior Member
Location
midwest
We have 3 Sales people that sit in the office over winter call up each and every customer that was a client or has asked for a quote over the past 3 years. At that same time we sell them and or up sell them with additional services. Works good for me would be almost free to mail them but it gets the customers feeling in touch with the technicians.
 

Top