Lawn Care Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man! My season officially ended today! Shew! What a year. We mowed from 2nd week of March til now without skipping any weeks. Had great weather all year. Lots of rain. A cooler than normal summer and a very warm November. I get to kick back and put on the holiday 15 until the 2nd week of March. Have snow removal but I sub it all out. To all ya still out there hustling. I got love for ya!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
You take a winter break?
I plow if it snows. Hasn't happened much the last 2 seasons. I didn't get a single push in of my whole route last winter, just my low tolerance/steep driveways. I think the biggest storm was 2.2 inches. I wish I could find a winter job that gave me the flexibility to take off when it snows...

·
Registered
21,066 Posts
Our season should end sept 30
Our winter contracts begin oct 15
But we constantly landscape past that deadline and then are never ready for winter
It’s very stressful and feels unprofessional

Sometimes it’s just best to tell people no

IMO establishing and end date to the season should be done , regardless of that the weather does

We get people all the time
Can you come give me an estimate?
For what?
It’s under a foot of snow
I’ll come see you in the spring

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Our season should end sept 30
Our winter contracts begin oct 15
But we constantly landscape past that deadline and then are never ready for winter
It's very stressful and feels unprofessional

Sometimes it's just best to tell people no

IMO establishing and end date to the season should be done , regardless of that the weather does

We get people all the time
Can you come give me an estimate?
For what?
It's under a foot of snow
I'll come see you in the spring
Lol that sounds about right! But I agree although here we just don't really get much snow... maybe salting a few times a year.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Ends when the last leaves are picked up. Got down to my last two to finish today. Then two call last night so Monday is my target date. Weather has been unbelievably good this fall so the calls are still coming in. So hoping to end it next week. Then a week of maintenance to put everything to bed for the winter!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I'm usually done by Christmas if we have normal to decent weather. Start back late March early April. Right now I'm just waiting around to do the second round of clean ups. Still have some oaks that are barely green.

Reactions: jetson and hort101
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.