1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

When it rains it pours?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HarleyDawg, Apr 24, 2010.

1. HarleyDawg

HarleyDawg LawnSite Member

Help me figure this out guys? So, it rains for 2 to 3 days straight and now you have to catch up and mow three times that amount on one day...How do you get your accounts back on a regular schedule instead of all on the day you mowed last week...thanks

2. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Work later hours..on the weekend...Yea it's gunna suck.

3. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Unless it's a heavy rain, cut in the rain. Go a little slower so as not to tear up the turf and make sure you got a blower that puts out like a Shindaiwa BR802. We cut in the rain all the time down here unless there is lightning... then I get the illegals to cut:laugh: Juz kidding :nono:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  4. cozymonkey

cozymonkey LawnSite Member

Ya rained wednesday night thru saturday at noon here. Will be doing alot of catch up here. The biggest thing I have found that helps is communicating with the customer. They understand that if it rains you will be behind but if you give them a call as well it shows you care. Thats what keeps them coming back year in year out.

5. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

Mow it as soon as you can. I don't have customers on a set schedule. I tell them all 5-8 days based on conditions. That way, when I get pushed back to Saturday, I can still make it up and get the next in on Thurs.