When mowing a lawn in neighborhood?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Jan 14, 2020.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

When you mow a lawn in a neighborhood what side of street do you park on? Do you park in front of lawn your cutting or across the street?

The Swamp Fox likes this.
  2. hal

hal LawnSite Silver Member
    from Georgia

Try to be in front of the house that we mow.

KUMA01 and Cam15 like this.
  3. Keith4216

Keith4216 LawnSite Member

Other side or a house down. Makes edgeing and blowing curb a lot quicker with out truck in the way.

4. SilverPine

SilverPine LawnSite Member

Wherever I can fit. Never in a customers driveway.

KUMA01, JFGLN and Cam15 like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been parking across the street with the flow of light traffic on neighborhood street. Some handy man guy drove by and parked and gave me a nasty look. He parked and got out of truck and told me I should not be parked there because he is working on house. Are you kidding me buddy. I have been parking in same spot since 2006 and I am only parked there for the max 20min. Trashy looking guy in beat up truck as the nerve to tell me that. I was there first. He found a spot behind me on other side of driveway. Plenty of parking

Cam15, hort101 and flybynite like this.
  6. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Where ever there is room. I try to park as close to the property I'm working on. Bad parking can add 10 minutes to a yard for me.

ebone capone, Cam15 and No gloves like this.
  7. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Silver Member

Wherever I can, but never in front of the customers house. I want to clean the street properly, and dont want to blow grass on my vehicles.

I have 1 lawn I park in the customers driveway, but she has a old farm property with a huge driveway and turnaround area.

Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  8. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends on the place I'm servicing. Most are in the front of the property and they don't have curbs or sidewalks to cut in when trimming. Just blow off the area that needs cleaned up and done.

Cam15 likes this.
  9. Mattmowsgrass

Mattmowsgrass LawnSite Senior Member

I try and park directly across the street if possible. I find that works best for me.

ARN Greencare and The Swamp Fox like this.
  10. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Across street or one house up/ down if same side. Try not to block driveways or mailboxes.