Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, how you boys handeling the heat and humidity? sent my 22 yr old helper home yesterday after only a few hrs, thought he was goin to die. i went out alone afterwards and did 3 more. yup, this stuff separates the men from the boys. you know, this heat can make u halucinate. i went back 30 years, thought i heard my grandma callin me, "robby, time for dinner." "im comin grandma" , then i thought i was a knight, and just slayed a draggon, but found out, i ran over a weeping norway spruce. the heat does weird thingas to the brain, especially when you know u had enough, but keep goin anyway. how u guys handlin it?

·
Registered
220 Posts
We just drink a lot and dont push ourselves. I eat salty stuff to keep moisture in. Those new Chicago steakhouse chips from
Lays are awesome with jagged ice Powerade ! The color in the powerade made it all the way through me though. Bad tummy ache too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I got a 2002 2500HD SILVERADO AND NNOOOOOOOOOOOO AC (yes I'm screaming)

....but I still love the truck :)

The humidity and heat was bad today.
The part that kills me the most is pushing the 21"

But the good news is that my 36" tthp will arrive monday :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Originally posted by A1 [email protected]
We just drink a lot and dont push ourselves. I eat salty stuff to keep moisture in.
Worse thing you can do to your body is keep the mositure in. You need to sweat to keep your body cool.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hey Switchless,
Cool picture of your crew - they say a man's best tools always have to be kept in the shade. What is that short dude looking at? "look mama, no hands"!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Originally posted by bobbygedd the heat does weird thingas to the brain,
Bobby, how can you tell the difference?:p
What makes you think it's the heat?

You real sure you're not just doing a Shirley McClain, and remembering a past life or two?:D

Heat and humidity are the normal down here in Louisiana, we walk around smiling on the 3 or so times a year when we have low humidity.

Hydrate people, and don't push your physical limits.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I go through a case of water a week just by myself. I don't know why you guys say that the AC would make you not want to work. I crank it up between houses to help keep my body temp down so I don't get overheated and get sick.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Originally posted by NYRookie
...I don't know why you guys say that the AC would make you not want to work. I crank it up between houses to help keep my body temp down so I don't get overheated and get sick.
Becasue if your body is in a constantly temperature/humidity flucuating enviroment, you can get sick that way too. MAJOR headache. So, you just have to learn to grunt it.;)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Personally, What I do is bring a jug of water with me in the AM (1 gallon), drink that, usually either a 20 oz water, gatorade or powerade @ lunch and a water while Im waiting for the bus.

Also, My boss loves to crank up the ac between houses, I HATE IT. All he does is ride around on the lazer all day, the ac might be fine for sitting on your as$ all day but when your weedwacking, their is nothing worse than stepping from 65 degrees to 90 degress. I just try and keep my window down and keep the water flowing starting at 6 am.

KEEP COOL BOYS!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Lawn Boy Pro, I have been doing it for 3 years mowing and I have not got sick yet. I do keep my window part way down. I have got sick at my regular job before from not cooling down quick enough. If you think it is hot outside try working maintenance at a fiberglass plant, then getting out at 3 and mow until dark. That will test your love of the job.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.