1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

When to apply weed prevention after overseeding

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by tsh1773, May 19, 2006.

1. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a new customer that I overseeded with a slit seeder 2 weeks ago. I sprayed with Lesco's Three-Way Selective about 2 months ago. The label says not to Reseed no sooner than 3 to 4 weeks after application of the product which is what I followed.

Only problem is she is complaining about weeds still in her yard, mostly clover and poa annua. I believe it will harm the seed if I apply the Three-Way select again this soon after the reseed. I tried to explain to her that it will take about a month for the Three-Way to totally kill all the weeds, which is what I have seen with some varieties. She didnt say it but I dont think she was satisfied and wants some action taken on the weeds.

I guess my question is, is there another product that I don't know about that is safe to apply 2 weeks after overseeding tall fescue that will produce fast results on the weeds.

Thanks.

2. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Drive 75 and Quicksilver. Or, if it isn't germinating yet,hit it with some round up

3. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Oh, and good luck with the Poa. Virtully impossible to get rid of.