• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

when to mail out post cards?

JKOOPERS

LawnSite Bronze Member
when does evyone think is the best time to mail them out , i was thinking about now ,that way i would get it there before they start getting all kinds of flyers and whatever else.

BigEd

LawnSite Senior Member
Originally posted by JKOOPERS
when does evyone think is the best time to mail them out , i was thinking about now ,that way i would get it there before they start getting all kinds of flyers and whatever else.
I would not send them of right yet, but have them done sitting to the side ready to go. I would wait till about the 1st to 2nd week of March just like Brian said,. I usually wait to do my flyers after we have had about a week of nice days and people start thinking about spring and there landscape and yard. Right now you would be one of the first names they see but will probally hit the round file. Now if you plan to do a second round in early to mid March, I would send them now too for name repetion. Keep hitting the areas you want to work in and keep your name in there faces and when they need somebody you have a better chance at getting the call.

FFMED74

LawnSite Member
I have placed flyers and my own computer made cards out already. I have had some down time and am stir crazy. We are in similar area JK, Indianapolis here, so I would say it wont hurt to place flyers now, but pc I'd do like suggested, wait till March 1.

OP
J

JKOOPERS

LawnSite Bronze Member
thats what i thought i have them all labled and stamped ready to go . do u really have a good turn out with flyers? did it a couple of years ago when i first started part-time and got a few landscape jobs and a couple of cutting.

OP
J

JKOOPERS

LawnSite Bronze Member
i only sent out like 350 and got like 6 total jobs alot calls though (about 25) i just went to kinkos and it was lke $25.

Team Gopher

LawnSite Platinum Member
Hi JKOOPERS,

Something that has been discussed in the past with postcards is sending them out to the same group multiple times within a certain period of time.
Just something to consider.