When to put Revere 10G Down


LawnSite Member
In an Upstate NY lawn with kentucky blue/rye mix cool season grasses when should the Lesco Revere 10G put down to treat for a problem of snowmold that has gotten worse for each of the last 3 - 4 years. Is it necessary to wait to put down at the time when a snow cover is likely to remain for the winter or would it be ok to put down now with some lake effect snow being forecast later in the week but no guarantess that the grass will remain covered yet for the season.

I spoke to Mike Maravich, our merchant for fungicides, and here is what he told me:

Make the initial fungicide application in early- to mid-November and repeat applications during mid-winter thaws, as needed. Since snow mold has been prevalent in the past I would do at least one repeat application after snow that has been lying for a long period of time begins to melt. With the inconsistent temperatures we get during the winter I think 2 applications are mandatory.

I also have a PDF that is informative about snow mold, but I don't know how to post it here. If you email me at rwest@lesco.com then I will send you a copy.