• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

When to start passing out flyers??

hockeyman20

LawnSite Member
I am 14 and am struggling to decide when to start passing out flyers. COuld Anyone help me?. When do you guys start to pass out flyers??

tjlco

LawnSite Senior Member
As soon as you have liability insurance and an occupational license, or business tax receipt.

lawnsaspire

LawnSite Bronze Member
when you're mother says you can, j/k, around early to mid-march here.

OP
H

hockeyman20

LawnSite Member
you guys can give me all the crap u want, i no ur probably kidding. Im proud of what im capable of doing especially since a pulled in about a 10,000 income last yr. wich isnt to bad for a 14yr old

mowerbrad

LawnSite Fanatic
Get your flyers out in March. Usually in April I am already starting dethatching and spring clean-ups. So I'd say mid-march would be a good time to start passing them out.

SchnabelLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
you guys can give me all the crap u want, i no ur probably kidding. Im proud of what im capable of doing especially since a pulled in about a 10,000 income last yr. wich isnt to bad for a 14yr old
If you got 10k, then you should know that it is illegal to operate a lawn mowing company without paying taxes. You should also stay in school and learn to spell.

OP
H

hockeyman20

LawnSite Member
If you got 10k, then you should know that it is illegal to operate a lawn mowing company without paying taxes. You should also stay in school and learn to spell.
Thanks for the heads up about taxes. ANd if you are having a hard time reading "u" as you then you are the 1 that should be in school. Its called abbreviation.

EcoGreen Services

LawnSite Member
Does your Mommy know you're on the computer ? Better watch out she doesn't wash your mouth out with soap. J/K

Normally Mid March around here or as soon as the snow is going away.

VistaPrint usually has some good deals the first week of March or so.

I think it's great to see young kids with ambition doing something instead of sitting in front of video games.

Just make sure you don't open your parents up to a lawsuit.

OP
H

hockeyman20

LawnSite Member
thanks for the GOOD imput. And yes my mommy knows im on the computer.