1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

When will it END!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by WJW Lawn, Aug 3, 2006.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Man I felt like I was on a frying pan today...this heat SUCKS!! Im from the South and all...but this feels like a little further than south!;)

2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

you've heard the expression when he!! freezes over, right? well, there you go:laugh:

lived here long?

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

102.8, 50% humidity here now. You would have to be crazy to be out mowing.

4. Brendan Smith

i'm getting ready. 2 more hrs to go.

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I rest my case:laugh:

6. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

It like that here in GA too. I dont know what it is but Im about to start mowing at night:)

7. Brendan Smith

i've done that before in the summers. you get funny looks from cops when you are mowing holding a spotlight, but it beats the heat. i was at a mobile home park one time, sheriff pulls up, asks what i'm doing. i told him i was trying to steal a mobile home, but the damn thing wouldn't start:laugh: he laughed and went on his way.:laugh:

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

gotta full choke them good Brendan :laugh:

9. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Almost rain!!! It was almost nice out for a few min today. Big storm was coming. Very dark--SUN WAS GONE:clapping:
    Thunder- LOTS of COLD wind. Lasted almost 15 min, than it was gone-- NO RAIN:cry: and the heat turns right back on:confused:

10. JT1304

JT1304 LawnSite Member

50% ????? You should consider yourself lucky. Humidity just a little north of you sucks!!! I cant even walk to the truck IN THE MORNING without breaking out in a sweat. :cry: <-- Not crying, me sweating!!!