1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

When you got your first ZTR did you...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Steve1, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

Want to run it all day long? The 757 I'm using (on loan from the dealer until my 777 comes in) is such a blast to run that I mowed my neighbor's yard today just to use it! He has been on vacation and I thought, "Hey, I'll do a good deed here" and so I went out to the garage, fired her up and mowed his yard.

What a blast! The downside was it only took me about 40 minutes - and I wasn't even truly 'hurrying'. He's got about an acre and a half so it was over in no time.

Still, I enjoyed it and can't wait for my own grass to get high enough to mow again!

Anyone else felt like this when you got yours?

2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

i cut down 3 trees she dident want taken down j/b i got a new 066

3. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

No, mine actually sat on the trailer quite a bit the first couple of weeks, cause I wasn't sure what the customers were going to say about the HUGE machine on their yards after using my 48" wb for so long. But after about 3 weeks I cut my hand (8 stitches between my thumb and index finger) making it almost impossible to operate the wb. The Z made life a lot more bearable with my hand laid up. Marc

4. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

I mowed all my neighbors yards, the machine ate small dogs, two children, but I finally got the hang of it. I actually mowed one yard three times, trying to get it just right. Then I learned that one needs to engage the blades in order for it to cut. Love my machine.

5. turfmaster90

turfmaster90 LawnSite Member

:D

I thought "Why did I wait so long." I had been using a JD 935. This ZTR is unbeliveable fast!!

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

My one neighor never cuts his grass, because he works 12-14 hours a day, 6 days a week, but still doesn't have the money to pay me. The nanny is already doing a lot of damage to his wallet. He has 4 kids under 10 years and is divoced. She left, and got alot of his money.

Well anyways I wanted to see what my new Wright sentar could do. I took 12" down to 4" in one pass. It didn't even bog down. My neighor was very thankful, he had been trying to cut it with a 42"murry tractor. The exwife got the JD 445w/snowblower and 60" deck. I never seen a grown man cry so much when the roll back came to get it. It was his play toy.