When you say 21 inch push mower

siclmn

LawnSite Senior Member
Are you saying that you push it all day because it's not self propelled?
I never see a post that says 21 inch self propelled mower on this forum.
I would never push a mower more then 10 feet myself.

mikeypizano

LawnSite Senior Member
Usually I try and say 21" walk behind.

cranbourne

LawnSite Member
In Australia we normally say 21" S/P for self propelled or 21" pushy for ......well a pushy.

Merkava_4

LawnSite Bronze Member
The general consensus on this board that any 21 or 22 inch rotary mower is a "push mower" ... no matter whether it's self propelled or not. :D

cranbourne

LawnSite Member
Don't know if I would call my 22" rover S/P a pushy. If I have the lever fully engaged I would be running behind it.

93Chevy

LawnSite Fanatic
It's just an expression. It's more colloquial to type "push mower" than "self propelled mower" or "21 inch walk behind."

And lets be honest...anybody that takes the time to type out 21" Walk Behind is a tool...just call it a push mower. You're not writing a doctoral dissertation, it's an online message board. Everybody (or so I thought) knows that "push mower" doesn't necessarily mean push mower.

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
And lets be honest...anybody that takes the time to type out 21" Walk Behind is a tool...just call it a push mower.
WORD!! :laugh:

ralph02813

LawnSite Bronze Member
It's just an expression. It's more colloquial to type "push mower" than "self propelled mower" or "21 inch walk behind."

And lets be honest...anybody that takes the time to type out 21" Walk Behind is a tool...just call it a push mower. You're not writing a doctoral dissertation, it's an online message board. Everybody (or so I thought) knows that "push mower" doesn't necessarily mean push mower.
how about 21wb - it is crazy when threads go on and on and noone really knows what the other guy is really talking about.

mikeypizano

LawnSite Senior Member
I ain't a tool! I'M A MACHINE! LOL