Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week we had one holiday and one rain day. Does everyone resume the schedule where you left off, make up the rain day at the end, skip the ones from that day...how do YOU do it ? :dizzy: :drinkup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Man I just push them around on the schedule bringing them back around to their slot. I have a problem with letting yards slide to the next week because I have my work load balanced between weeks. (except lately with decent rains the grass grows and I am way busy).

At worst case senario I let them go a little longer till their back on their schedule and chalk it up to seasonal quirks. I have enough properties and have done 98% percent of them long enough that they all just work with me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This week we had one holiday and one rain day. Does everyone resume the schedule where you left off, make up the rain day at the end, skip the ones from that day...how do YOU do it ? :dizzy: :drinkup:
If you makeup one account they all expect you to do it. I learned the hard way, if it rains on their day it's considered done if I have time on my saturdy I will do the ones that understood why i missed them

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
If it isn't raining too bad I'll mow in the rain, also providing no lightning!

·
Registered
330 Posts
If it isn't raining too bad I'll mow in the rain, also providing no lightning!
It depends on how much rain. If it is too soggy then there will be more harm than good mowing the yards. If I can't mow for what ever reason then everything gets moved to the next available day, and resume normal schedule as soon as possible. ...i.e. If I miss monday because of rain then I will start Tuesday morning with Mondays schedule and then start Tuesdays route, any left over at the end of the day roll into Wed. morning.

I try to keep everyone as close to their scheduled day as possible and get back on normal routes.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
I try to fit a couple extra in where possible by working later and starting 1/2 hour earlier. If that don't work, I try to get the picky customers done as close to normal as possible and fit the others in when I can.

·
Registered
348 Posts
We work on most holidays and rain days... problem solved.

:)

I know it's not practical for everyone, but that's how we do it.

Although a hurricane may justify a day or two off,
in that case we try to get as much done before the storm as we can, then after the storm passes we resume where we left off, skipping areas of standing water and do some extra each day if necessary until caught up.

Bob
Lehighlawnpros

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
After a rain day i resume where i left off and push everything back usualy just a day or so. This prevents me from loosing that money for the week and none of my customers seem to have a problem getting their lawn mowed a day later than normal and come on the normal day the next week

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I simply split the crews into less guys and skip the landscaping part.
Last year after that record 19" of rain I got back on track in seven days following almost ten days of inclement weather.
With no over time either. I simply contacted my clients, both residential and commercial and informed them of what my plans were. I had only one complain and when they demanded preferential treatment I simply said for additional money it wouldn't be a problem.
They didn't want to pay extra so they waited their turn. Still have them too although tomorrow may be a different story as I am ready to drop them.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
After a rain day i resume where i left off and push everything back usualy just a day or so. This prevents me from loosing that money for the week and none of my customers seem to have a problem getting their lawn mowed a day later than normal and come on the normal day the next week
thats what I do except if its been pretty dry and I have a rain day when I move my lawns, I go back the following week (which it now has been 6 days since the last cut)and once in a while that will make people want to switch to bi-weeklyfor some reason

·
Banned
2,420 Posts
We work on most holidays and rain days... problem solved.

:)

I know it's not practical for everyone, but that's how we do it.

Although a hurricane may justify a day or two off,
in that case we try to get as much done before the storm as we can, then after the storm passes we resume where we left off, skipping areas of standing water and do some extra each day if necessary until caught up.

Bob
Lehighlawnpros
Same for us, but could you push another storm toward Ohio? We got just enough rain from tropical storm Gustov that we could get back to work. One lawn's been 32 days since it's been cut.
Say, are you guys from Lehigh Acres? I stay in N. Ft. Myers in the winter.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
It depends on how much rain. If it is too soggy then there will be more harm than good mowing the yards. If I can't mow for what ever reason then everything gets moved to the next available day, and resume normal schedule as soon as possible. ...i.e. If I miss monday because of rain then I will start Tuesday morning with Mondays schedule and then start Tuesdays route, any left over at the end of the day roll into Wed. morning.

I try to keep everyone as close to their scheduled day as possible and get back on normal routes.
Amen - That is exactly how we do it. Usually it only requires a couple of days mowing from dawn to dark to be back on schedual.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.