1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Where are all the good gas cans?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sweetland, Dec 28, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Gold Member

I can't believe you guys haven't heard of No Spill cans. Go to http://www.nospill.com and check them out. I've been using these for several years. The customer service is great. There were a few longevity issues with some of the past nozzles and every time I called No Spill they mailed me new nozzles for free. I use the 2.5 & 5 gallon cans. The best deal I found on the cans was from Horizon Irrigation. Honda also distributes the cans.

2. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

About a hr north of Wichita

No.
    Now I really better get them to bring some back. I am pretty sure they still have some but they may have sold out.
    Mike

3. PlantscapeSolutions

The new cans have changed a little but here are some older pictures of the 2.5 & 5 gallon cans. The new pictures are on the prior link I included. The push button 2.5 gallon can is great for filling small equipment that is easy to over fill. I think you'll find all other CARB cans suck compared to the No Spill cans.

51-QG8kGdnL._SS500_.jpg

416vxNT57WL._SS500_.jpg

4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Jason, that must be a JD issue, my Scag doesn't have that problem.

Plantscape, I have 2 of those. They work GREAT for filling the handhelds. The downside, they don't have vents and will balloon up in the hot summer sun. I made a vent out of a metal valve stem from a custom automotive wheel.

5. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

I'm going to truevalue to get a couple today!!

6. PlantscapeSolutions

I think because of CARB rules no cans have vents anymore. It's important to always push the button in prior to tilting the can in warm weather to relieve pressure. I have forgotten to do this on more then one occasion and the can burped out some fuel.

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

personally i don't mind the safety nozzles you find at lowes or crap depot.

i'd rather use those than the one's pictured from plant solution.

personal preference though. the only thing i don't like is they don't vent.

8. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

maybe its me, but I have broken 2 spouts on the new cans and I only bought them in Sept so I going for the push buttons.

9. gusbuster

gusbuster LawnSite Bronze Member

go to page 3 post number 24, I mentioned it already. They marketed to Ca first since c.a.r.b. is a CA thing.

The reason Honda distributes is they bought the company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.