Where can I find a small auger bit for a drill to plant flowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N.TX, Apr 5, 2010.

  1. N.TX

    N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS
    Messages: 473

    I had a small auger that went on my cordless drill and made planting flowers go so much faster. I bought it at lowes and now they dont have one. Anyone know where i can pick one up?
  2. Alan0354

    Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member
    Messages: 4,450

    I was looking for one, the only one I saw is the one on TV by Billy Maze(spelling). I have no idea it work or not. But I can't find any other.
  3. Atlantic Lawn

    Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC
    Messages: 946

    What we have used for many years for single small flowers is a trailer tie down. These are the anchors that are used to secure mobile homes and even some guy wires. The disc on the bottom is about 3" and has a loop on the top to secure a wire to. Remove that top loop and for about 5 bucks you've got a good little auger bit. Most hardware, Lowe's or HD stores will have these.
  4. Turf Dawg

    Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,719

    Ed's in Addison. The number is 972-386-3999. I know I have got them there before.
  5. Hoy landscaping

    Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 836

    Billy mays here with the awesome auger!
  6. GlynnC

    GlynnC LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 912

    This is what I use--you might find them in the kids swingset area.
  7. rlitman

    rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,714

    That's a pretty darn good idea for a shallow hole, but I don't know where to buy one of those (they come in sets of 4 as playground or shed tie downs by me). And, with only one circle of flutes, its won't dig more than a few inches, before getting clogged.

    HD by me has an auger about 2 3/4" across, which is great for planting bulbs or cell packs. Ace hardware by me, has one that's about 1 1/4" in diameter, which is good for fertilizer spikes, or smaller bulbs.

Share This Page