Where can I find wax bars?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Reel_Green, May 3, 2002.

  1. Reel_Green

    Reel_Green LawnSite Member
    Messages: 27

    Where can I find wax bars? I'm trying to control a multitude of broadleaf weeds and need to say away from granulars and sprays to avid damaging lots of bed plants.

    I'm also curious if anyone has experience with ProMow gang reel mowers. www.promow.com??
  2. tremor

    tremor LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,476

    I had never heard of them until cantoo's post (which is still active). Check "customer says no to 2,4-D" post. Someone provided a link to a Canadian supplier that had them. I'm not sure they'd be registered here in the states, but they could be.

    I once knew an old timer that would soak a large floor broom in a slightly over concentrated conventional herbicide mix. This "broom" was the type you'd see a school custodian using on a tiled floor. The same material that mops are made from.

    This should be legal as long as the actual rate is correct. No drift either.

    I can't see how you'd avoid drips unless you fabricated a special tray for dunking & squeezing out the excess.

  3. cantoo

    cantoo LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,910

    Another method to use beside flower beds if drift is a problem is a foam paint roller. Just mix up some spray then put it in a paint tray then "roll the areas next to the beds. Be very careful not to spill the drip tray, I put mine inside a steel wheel barrow to avoid spills.

Share This Page