1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Where can you buy emergency light bars?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC, Apr 19, 2005.

1. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Any one know of a good website to buy emergency light bars from? Im looking for the long orange light bars that have the rotating lights in it. Ive found a few but they are really expensive. Also is there a controler or some kind of box that controls the lights, or do you just use a switch and connect it to the truck battery?

2. KERRTURF

KERRTURF LawnSite Member

Try a local trailer shop, or if you want, check out Galls.com.

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I would also look around on e-bay.

4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Northern Tool has them. Nothing fancy, just hook it to 12V power with a switch in the cab.

5. Terry Rogers

Terry Rogers LawnSite Member

Go to Galls.com. Its a law enforcement supply magazine. They have all types of lightbars, ect.

6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Yup........ Galls is a great Co. I have bought many light bars and other products from them.

www.galls.com

8. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Not sure whether this will work out, but Whelen Engineering (www.whelen.com) makes several light bars for DOT, police, and fire/rescue. They might be relatively overpriced, however.

9. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I'm selling this one for $60... I paid 100 for it. Permanent mount (can be converted to magnet mount), 2 55w bulbs and high-speed motors. email/pm me if interested. You just wire it with a switch. make sure it's fused.

10. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Keep an eye on ebay. I picked up a nice Nova Microbar 360 dual strobe for about $120 or so, new in the box. Be careful tho, as there is alot of junk lights listed there also.