Lawn Care Forum banner

where do i begin?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Landscaperoo 
#1 ·
ok i want to get a site going.

how does www.GrassMasterService.com sound? i'm pretty sure i want to buy this site but where's the best place to buy it from?

i'm even willing to pay i guess.... i wish i had some friends that did this.

i just want some pics along with a list of services and a spot where they can request a guote through e-mail.

my needs are basic.

please help me get started.

#3 ·
A standard hosting package will work fine. You generally get a basic page with an option to grow down the road.

I like to keep things simple, simple graphics (quick to load), easy to read text, and not too background graphic intense. I'm still working on my page, have it linked to my vehicle page at the moment, and will more than likely keep it there as it's cost effective.

#5 ·
Buy your domain name and get hosting:

Install wordpress (www.wordpress.org) and pick a (free) theme. It'll be able to grow with you as you grow and you'll be able to hire someone to customize the look to match your company branding once you can afford it.

If you need help installing wordpress or want to go right for a custom theme send me a PM (do it before you buy hosting). That's what I do. Or I can just give you a few pointers if you get stuck.

#6 ·

Install wordpress (www.wordpress.org) and pick a (free) theme. It'll be able to grow with you as you grow and you'll be able to hire someone to customize the look to match your company branding once you can afford it.

If you need help installing wordpress or want to go right for a custom theme send me a PM (do it before you buy hosting). That's what I do. Or I can just give you a few pointers if you get stuck.
cant pm you.
so can i use word press to make a web site then just use some one like justhost.com to host my site

i don't feel like paying $25 a month for a basic web site

#7 ·

i cant seem to figure out how to install wordpress.

can u give me some guidance. thanks

#10 ·
Try http://www.landscaperoo.com I have been using them for a while and so far I like it
Thanks for the recommendation, and great work on your site!

We definitely aren't the cheapest out there. But you get your domain registration/renewal included, and we offer discounts for yearly payment making us close to the same price as those other guys. And unlike them, we are focused on creating great Landscaper sites.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.