1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

where do you guys buy your blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by petekief, Sep 18, 2006.

1. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys
    where can i get decent quality blades cheap? Lesco gets me for about $50 a set with taxes . . . I've seen mowparts mentioned here but if some of you long-timers could chime in . . . i know one guy who doesn't sharpen his . . . he says you can only get one sharpening out of them anyway so he uses them and tosses them . . . i sharpen mine using a 7 inch angle grinder. I keep them until the fins show too much wear. this is two or three sharpenings tops(we have lots of sand here). If I could find some cheap enough though i might agree with my friend and just discard them.

looking for low cost mail order blades
    thanks
    pete

2. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

crap I messed up my message

3. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont know what kinda of blades he throws away but why dont you just take his. thats just stupid. i paid like $6 - $7 a blade at waco landascape supply now its called landscaper pro now . what kinda of mowers do u have ?

4. Korey

Korey LawnSite Senior Member

Just received two sets of high lift blades from mowpart.com for a good price. They have a lot of good stuff and the blades I have work great. You may be able to find some good deals on ebay, but mowpart is easy to do business with.

5. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 2004 60" Lesco Ztwo and a 1994 48" Cub commercial W/B with a stamped deck

6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy from my local dealer, support the local guy.

7. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

:confused: what do you do when you don't have a local guy? your local guy is an hour one way no matter which direction you go.

8. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

If you do not have a local supplier, I do not think you can go wrong with this company

http://mowpart.com/

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I buy exclusivley from our Dealer...he deserves to make a living too.

10. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

WTF is he talking about. I run mine till the ends round off.
    I sharpen daily, zip, zap, bal. and mow. worth every second of my time to keep that edge. blade life is excellent. I would go broke in no time with throw away blades.
    What a nut case.