1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Where is Capt. Devo?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Westbrooklawn, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know if Dave has gone out of business.......or what the story is? His prices and service were great, and he use to contribute a lot of good posts.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Form the "word on the street" he has been very very busy. Prices were great, I purchased around $15K worth of equipment from him. Service was decent before he got busy. I don't think you does much business anymore. Good luck getting a hold of him.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I would think that between his business and being a river boat pilot, he's gotta be busier than a 1-legged man in an azz-kickin contest...LOL

4. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else know where Dave is?

5. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

He posted at Plowsite like a week or so ago. First I'd heard him in a long time.

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I emailed Capt. Devo about triyng to buy something, but he never got back to me. I called his business on the phone, but the receiver was "put down" and I could hear everything that was going on in the background. I waited 10 minutes before hanging up. I guess he doesn't want to sell me anything.

7. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

While on the subject of missing members, does anybody know what happened to etwman from central Pennsylvania??

Adam

8. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I emailed Capt Devo at least four times about equipment I wanted to purchase. He never returned my emails. I haven't tried his phone yet.

9. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I ordered from Capt. Devo in late August and got response from him about 2½ weeks later. Part of his reply was:

"Sorry I've missed your calls. I've been delivering
    yachts throughout the Bahamas and Florida and my phone
    is hit and miss."

I sent one extra Email and left one phone message before I got a reply and did get my order.

Larry

10. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I emailed him several weeks ago about parts and it took him around a week to mail back. He has been pretty busy and I think getting in touch with him is hit or miss. He started RPM primerly to supply his lawn business. He had/has really good prices and good equipment for sale but I don't think he relys on that as his major source of income. It sucks for us as far as getting a good product at a really good price but a man has to do what he has to do to earn a living. I just hope I can get a hold of him before next season so I can get a good deal on a stick edger:)