1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

where is find employees

Discussion in 'Employment' started by The Perfect Lawn Company, Jan 28, 2006.

1. The Perfect Lawn Company

The Perfect Lawn Company LawnSite Member

I am not thinking temp agent, so what is a good way to find employees?
    The Perfect Lawn Company
    Travis

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Have you tried advertising in the local paper?

3. The Perfect Lawn Company

Not yet... just getting ideas... and was not sure what ways are better than others...... instead of trying everything under the sun.

4. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I think this year I am going to advertise at the local colleges. My schedule has a lot of flexibility in it, and I figure I can find someone that doesn't have to have 40 hours, insurance and all of that.

5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

go to mexico.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with that if you advertise and get nothing then go H2B ASAP.

7. Brianslawn

dont even waste your money advertising now. go h2b immediatly. during the app process you have to run a paper ad for 3 days. that will be the locals one and only chance for a job. make sure you describe in detail how hard the work is to any locals who apply at that time.

i too, wish it didnt have to be that way... but all is lost for the future of americans.

8. The Perfect Lawn Company

Thanks for replies,

If I go H2b, Not to sure what that is? or where to go?
    Thanks

9. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I told one of the guys that I have working for me that I was going to learn spanish. He asked why? I told him well I can get 2 mexicans for the price of you! He didn't think it was so funny!

10. Brianslawn

marcus drake is the one im using this year. they are a sponsor. send a pm to noel or post on there section asking him a question. mention my screen name. there are also other firms out there, too. i always recommend comparing a couple as rates and service may vary. you can pm mbella (mike) for another reputable firm. mike's a good guy and will get you that link.

drsogr- i thought it was funny!