1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Where is my check??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutter1, Feb 10, 2001.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I took one of my blowers to get worked on today. I was there for about 30 minutes. We all know how it is on Saturdays, all homeowners!! THe place was packed and they all the guys were with people, so I decided to help sell some stuff for them :)!!! I was there for about 30 minutes and sold 1k worth of stuff!! Where is my commission check!!! :) I even convinced a homeowner to buy a eb630!! Damn I'm good.

2. KindGardener

KindGardener LawnSite Member

Your shop owner should hire you to come in Sat AM each week!
    often, when I see a homeowner working on their lawn - especially when they have that look like "this sucks", I give the one of my business cards & tell them I have an opening for them on my landscape maint crew, if they really like what they are doing. (jokingly, of course) a few don't laugh... but that's OK.
    Then I ask if they want weekly service - it has worked a time or two, and I don't mind doing two houses side by side!

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

maybe you should open up a power equipment place of your own on the side. you could make it your shop and sell some equipment on the side. lol you shoud hit them up for a brand new blower for free.

4. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think next off season I may ask for a job :) It was fun selling stuff and I asked for money off my monthly bill!! I wouldn't argue with a free blower though :)

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

The truth is we are probably qualified to sell
    outdoor equip better than any one.mabe winter part time

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I sell quite a bit of echo equipment when i go to home depot! When i see some poor home owner who dosnt know any better looking at a weedeater or homelite i always feel compelled to convince them into the echo. There always 3 times as much but at least 80% of the time they walk out with a echo...if only they sold redmax!