Where to Buy Cheap V-Belt?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Jason F, May 12, 2016.

1. Jason F

Jason F LawnSite Member

I have an Exmark Metro 36" walk behind, the v-belt part number is 1-323288, 49 3/4" x 1 1/8". I've checked out vbeltsonline, vbelts4less, vbeltsupply, as well as local parts stores and auto stores. The ones online are $25 and up, and no one seems to have them locally (or they're even more expensive) except Ag-Pro and they have screwed me twice and I don't intend to do business with them again.

2. ericg

ericg LawnSite Silver Member

Do you have a Grainger or Fastenal by you? Bring the belt with you.

3. OP
    OP
    Jason F

Jason F LawnSite Member

Nearest Grainger is 45 minutes away and theirs is $80 apiece. 2 Fastenals in town and neither have it. My best price is Ag-Pro at $8 or $16 apiece, I forget. Looks like I'm going to have to use them this one time.... The only other option is vbeltsupply and it's $21.66 apiece but have to order and wait.

4. OP
    OP
    Jason F

Jason F LawnSite Member

Ended up buying them on vbeltsupply, total of $53.33 for 2 with shipping. Not happy, but I'd rather do that than support this Ag-Pro. Oh well.

5. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

Why does no one use EBAY lol you checked there everythings better getting from there blades, belts, filters etc fraction of these crap parts dealers or buying from a dealer locally.

6. OP
    OP
    Jason F

Jason F LawnSite Member

I just checked, and couldn't find anything cheaper than what I found, but thanks for the suggestion! I tried looking for 49 inch vbelt but many of them weren't actually 49 inches, and none were 1 1/8 wide.

7. TrainingWheels

TrainingWheels LawnSite Silver Member

Tractor Supply?

BR,

~TW

8. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

The skew number on parts constantly get update so check again run current skew and check results for updated #'s but belts you can usually get cheaper also on there I know blade belt for my 54" I can get almost $40 cheaper. I get triple sets of OEM excellent quality blades off there for the price of one at a dealer. My G6's came from there as well I think I paid $43 for a set for my 54"

How much is at your dealer? I'm seeing them as low as $37 on ebay

9. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

It is what it is. I dont like putting money out but Be happy you got an oem replacement that fits. Ive gotten the wrong belt before etc

10. OP
    OP
    Jason F

Jason F LawnSite Member

Dealer wants amost $80 apiece. I've called to every store in the area--auto, tractor, parts, box store, etc--and the cheapest they have it is $30. Ag-Pro had them for $8 apiece but I'd rather burn my money than give it to them the way they've done me. They're just pieces of rubber in my mind, so I want them for $5-10 apiece, maybe I'm unreasonable, haha. Wouldn't be the first time.