• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

where to buy cheap

mhaysmow

LawnSite Member
more and more of the people i mow for are kickin chemlawn to the curb and askin me to fert. their yard so going to home depot and buyin scotts is gettin old is there a better place to buy it
i know my nursery sells it cheaper then home depot but not sure what kind they sell havent been up to ask since its cold. i am in scoo to learning about whats good and bad i dont need any hard times about burnin up the lawn i do know the equations bla bla bla but just curious to where to go get more bulk thanks

2002 silverado 1500
2004 croft 6.5x12 open trailer all the racks
2004 52 stander
48 hyd walk behind encore
billy goat leaf vac
toro push
2 straight shaft trimmers stihl
stihl blower and chainsaw
48" plow for walk behind

DiscoveryLawn

LawnSite Senior Member
mhaysmow said:
i am in scoo to learning about whats good and bad i dont need any hard times about burnin up the lawn i do know the equations bla bla bla
Geez... go to LESCO (if you have one nearby) they will help you.
I understand that you "know the equations bla bla bla" but do you know what the hell you are doing? Man, this attitude just gets under my skin. You sound like you have a long way to go before you are ready to start applying fertilizers and pesticides on a professional level.

OP
M

mhaysmow

LawnSite Member
some how i new that would make some one would ? if i new what i was doing ya i do but am just getting into more and more of it and want to make more bang for the buck its what you do in this business my teacher at scoo is a sales rep for lesco but there store is like 1.5 hours away i will prob start makin the trip but anybody get there fert. for a nusery sorry for the attitude dave just wanted people like yourself not to criticize me

NattyLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
mhaysmow said:
some how i new that would make some one would ? if i new what i was doing ya i do but am just getting into more and more of it and want to make more bang for the buck its what you do in this business my teacher at scoo is a sales rep for lesco but there store is like 1.5 hours away i will prob start makin the trip but anybody get there fert. for a nusery sorry for the attitude dave just wanted people like yourself not to criticize me
It seems like a broken record on here, but so many people join here and act like because they're in "scoo" (quoting above), they know what they're doing. You can take classes and read, but so much in this business is actually using and applying what you've learned. To me, it sounds like you have you know very little on what you're doing, and aren't willing to listen to any advice.

Also, I'm usually not one to call the grammar police but wtf is "scoo"...If you're in "scoo", you should be able to form complete sentences and spell...

GreenMonster

LawnSite Silver Member
mhaysmow said:
Pat, I'd like to buy a period.....:dizzy:

lwcmattlifter

LawnSite Senior Member
If you take classes to get your 3-A/B license I bet you will meet some sales reps from the local fert/pest dealers that can help you out. Just a thought.

somo1

LawnSite Member
Lesco has route drivers that deliver materials and parts now. Call one of the stores and get your route drivers number or see if they can come your direction. Or try BWI they deliver too, but it depends on quanity. They carry Andersons, Howard Johnsons, Scotts, etc.

LonniesLawns

LawnSite Senior Member
There is so much more to managing the fertility of a lawn than you seem to be aware of.

Before you get a list of suppliers, you need to go ahead and finish that blah blah school -- get certified, and learn all you can.

Getting the materials will be the easy part -- their are dozens of places dying to sell to you -- but first figure out what you are doing!