Lawn Care Forum banner

where to buy xmas lights direct

12K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  addictedtolandscaping 
#1 ·
where do you guys go to buy your lights wholesale? I have never done the lights before other than my own home but want to get into it this year. Someplace that has a catalog that I can show customers would be great! I have looked online but I dont know what "professional" grade and whats homeowner grade when it comes to x-mas lights. Thanks in advance, any and all help/info is appreaciated

#27 ·
Ha I did the same thing last night..

I just received an order yesterday. HBL was completely out of 18" bows as of the first. A little birdie told me to contact these guys. I did the dealer paperwork. Last evening I did some of the math with regards to HBL vs. Christmas Designers. I will sum it up as this, it is very much worth checking into for a additional supplier.

#28 ·
I just received an order yesterday. HBL was completely out of 18" bows as of the first. A little birdie told me to contact these guys. I did the dealer paperwork. Last evening I did some of the math with regards to HBL vs. Christmas Designers. I will sum it up as this, it is very much worth checking into for a additional supplier.
All I looked at was the C7 LED's and they were $1.38 versus HBL's 98 cents. Was the pricing on the website the best they could do? I didn't see any wholesale info but I sent them an email to inquire.

#29 ·
guys, it is against forum rules to post what wholesale prices you pay. customers can read this forum. tools, trucks, and marketing pricing is fine, but on wholesale good prices, or stuff you sell in the course of your business please don't post specific prices. The Moderators will remove the pricing. thanks, dave g

#31 ·
Very Welcome. I have brought in some of their LED, m-5's. The colored ones (blue in particular are amazing!) Instead of just one resistor, there are three, so the whole load is not blasting though just one. I have spent a fair amount of time on the phone with Jason the last few weeks. I am extremely interested in going further with them to say the least.

WE are dealing with a bunch of last minute BS here, so may put some signs out, and may not. Regardless, we added about 15K in new work this season with a large commercial project. The whole season so far has gone completely different than I had expected. Still 3 rehangs I haven't heard from, 2 are commercial, finally got the PO from the large project I have had since year 1 on Wednesday, that will start tomorrow. Then 2 more residential, and that is that unless something else comes up. Needless to say, I spent alot of money with one company this season and truthfully, my ROI has been a big goose egg. That money will go somewhere else next year.

#33 ·
You can save a ton of money in the long run by ordering in large bulks quantity, you do not necessarily have to order 1000 lf, I do but not necessary. You can get bulk cord in as little as 100'. Having your cord in bulk enables you to custom fit your clients with exactly what they need, no extra to try to hide.

#34 ·
In ordering for next year, I have always just bought 25 ft or so at a time, is it better to buy the 1000 ft roll and cut to length?
Posted via Mobile Device
You can get a bulk roll for as little as $200 delivered and that puts your cost at 20 cents a foot. The All-In-One clips can be bought in box's of 500 for as little as six cents a clip.

#36 ·
No bulbs is correct.

The places I found too late to use this year are www.bastiontech.com and www.ccbydara.com. Andrew is the sales guy at Bastion I talked to and they sound like a great source for LED lights and stringers because they actually manufacturer the stuff themselves and do the engineering. Their working on a C7 that will use about .2 watts but be 30% brighter. Their prices may be in the 70's on C7's.

Dara is a one woman show with lots of contacts who direct ships from hers suppliers. I think she will be in the low 80's on C7 LEDs as well which is a great price.

#37 ·
Andrew with Bastion Technologies sent me out a LED sample package with 9 different C9 colors and two different sets of 5mm's in blue and cool white. They have a three year warranty and excellent pricing. Email Andrew at andrew.c@bastiontech.com and get a price list. I think you will find the pricing is better then you have seen else where. The quality looks good and I plan to run the test lights 24/7 until next fall to see how they hold up. You can see the catalog but no pricing at http://www.bastiontech.com/docs/2011_bastioncatalog_holiday.pdf.

#38 ·
#39 ·
John contacted me from Bastion as well. I like the way things sound, still waiting on the sample pack. They are also working on a different c-9 similiar to what you described for the c-7.

Christmas Designers is also doing a different c-9 as well, less draw and brighter. They just released a new stringer set this year also. I can tell you that their 5mm wide are amazing.

#40 ·
For what it is worth. I put a new roll of c-9 cord in the truck today that I ordered from Christmas Designers. The one I am almost done with I got from Holiday LIght Source last year. Both are SPT1 and 1000' rolls. I paid a little more from Christmas Designers, but if you take into consideration the money I had to pay to get my order processed within a week by Holiday Light Source, I guess I paid the same. The quality of the Christmas Designers cord is well above Holiday Light Source. The sockets are almost twice as sturdy. I am confident to say that I have a new supplier for c-9 cord. Unfortunately even the rolls are heavier duty so they will not fit in the same spot on the truck, will have to address location in there at some point. Also, I bought 2 cases of blue incandescent mini from Holiday Light Source last year, 150 count. Every set had 2/3 of them out after 1 year. Straight into the trash they went. I have never experienced that with HBL - haven;t bought incandescent mini from anyone else. That is when I bought the blue LED from Christmas Designers, we used exactly the same amount of LED as we did incandescent in the clients trees, even with the major growth this year - about 7 feet in height and 2 in width for average per tree, we will most likely drop back a set in the trees next year. They don't look over done, but they sure are bright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.