1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Where to find entrance rocks?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by hickslawns, Aug 6, 2008.

1. hickslawns

hickslawns LawnSite Member

I am in need of some rocks for an entrance into a car dealership. Looking for something like what you see in the fancy neighborhoods in the big towns. Probably a natural rock with smooth bottom and engraving on both sides. Local suppliers told me try the monument company but they want to sell black marble at mega bucks. I am using versalok because the township wants them to move a planter which is existing that we built out of versalok. Long story with local politics involved, but I guess the second job we are getting out of it works out for us. I am thinking about 2 pillars of the versalok with a knee high wall in between and using the rosetta stone turned upright and engraved if I can't find anything. Just need to cut off the hooks used to handle it. Other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

How big of rocks are you talking about?

3. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Call a local excavation company they usually have them or they will tell you were they sell theres to.

4. hickslawns

hickslawns LawnSite Member

I guess rocks may have been too general. I am looking for something that is actually flat bottomed (guess it could be a natural rock) to set on top of the wall with engraving of the dealer's name in it. Are most of these natural rocks? Bought thru retaining wall/paver suppliers? Any help appreciated.

5. scenicexcellence

scenicexcellence LawnSite Member

i think your idea with the rosetta would be a great approach as you know it will lay flat as it is pre manufactured.

6. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member