1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Where to properly dispose of old fuel?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Pecker, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

On oil changes, I bottle up the spent oil back into its containers and drop it by an oil change place nearby after hours because they basically told me to f*** off and said disposal costs enough without my stuff too (I'm sure they love me for that one:laugh: ). I just don't know where else to take it. Regrading gasoline, I guess I could do the same. But there's got to be a better way for those of us who don't run a professional oil change / mechanic shop, right?

2. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Advance Auto and AutoZone will take your waste oil, no hassles. Gasoline is a different story. Its a flammable and therfore can not be disposed of like waste oil or diesel fuel. I suggest you contact your local county waste disposal. They should have a place for disposal of small amounts of haz waste. Also check your yellow pages for waste disposal. Companies like Safety-Kleen may be able to steer you in the right direction.