WHERE'S YOUR BREAD AND BUTTER?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Jul 10, 2000.

1. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Toro,<p>I actually, usually, wear my &quot;Broncos&quot; cap. Does that make me an Equestrian? I do plan to budget in some company shirts and hats in the coming months, but in the meantime I'll just go with what I got... :)<p>Recovered fully from the Fourth and upped my rates on about 19 customers (the bottom 19). Of the bunch, five have left (good riddance!), four have told me they're 'considering leaving' (to which I promptly replied that I'd be happy to continue their service at the new rate, but to be forewarned that this might not be the last rate hike in the near future... ;) ), and three have told me they'll be with me no matter what I plan to charge (good customers!). The other seven or so I haven't heard hide nor hair from. Their deadline is the 31st.<p>It's just the beginning, though. Once this is done I'll take another 'snapshot' of the business and see what I have to do to proceed. <p>Oh, and I shave twice a week as well, whether I need it or not... ;)<p>-TGC

2. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I get $25 for 12 minutes, & have made $100 in an hour mowing soccer fields.<br>My makeup is about 40% commercial, 60% residential as far as customer base goes. I like them both, as long as we are mutually good to each other. <br>The commercial market is getting tapped out a bit- There's alot of stuff I don't even bother biding on because it's lowballed- keep those no profit accounts while I go after other prospects. If I could have my cake & eat it too, I'd probably lean towards most all commercial work, where you didn't have to always worry about continually new mgmt. whose only concern is botttom dollar.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>