Which 2 stroke oil is better?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Feb 20, 2009.

?

Which 2 stroke oil is better?

1. Echo

44 vote(s)
    53.0%
  2. Redmax

26 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Husqvarna

13 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

NOTA ... Been using Itasca for years with no real prob. I still have to clean the carbon out every now and then but had to do that when I was running Kawasaki oil. Itasca with shipping runs me about 30 cents added to the gas per gallon. Savings over kawi oil puts about $500 a year back into my pocket.

2. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Silver Member

Been using Amsoil Saber Pro at 80:1 even in my stihl saws not to mention blowers and all my other 2 stroke equipment with great success. Low emissions and everything just seems to run smoother than other oils at 50:1

Ridin' Green likes this.
  3. Texas*Golf*Bum

Texas*Golf*Bum LawnSite Member

Same here. Use Amsoil in bar oil, four cycle and two cycle. Also our six trucks. Great stuff.

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Meh, Stihl has similar videos, as does most every brand out there. It's all marketing hype and propaganda.

6. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Florida

I wasn’t impressed with Amsoil. And I don’t know if it was coincidence or not, but a short time after starting to use their oil, my Echo weed eater, edger, and hedge trimmer all bought the farm. I can’t say for certainty that was the oil’s fault as the edger and eater were old and Home Depot models, but who knows? Bought all new Stihl equipment and used their mix. Horrible smell. Went back to Echo Red Armor and that’s probably where I’ll stay for the foreseeable future.

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Hmmm......Every piece of equipment I have had that has been run on Amsoil Saber has lasted longer than other pieces previously that didn't.

8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah probably. actually i wonder who makes the oil for husqvarna? i'm pretty sure they don't make it. they hardly make anything anymore. almost all of the trimmers and blowers are redmax. the chainsaws are probably jonsered saws.

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Husky actually makes their own saws, but I doubt they make any of their oils. Most of these companies sub it out to other places/oil companies.

10. Kingsmen20015

Kingsmen20015 LawnSite Member

So have to toss it in here.... royal purple anyone??? I've ran it for three years nothing bad.