1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Which 36" mower would you choose?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dpullen4, Apr 9, 2005.

1. dpullen4

dpullen4 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Quick 36 Fox knowing you'll never do more yards than just every once in a while or a 36" Lesco with allegedly only 20 hours? Quick 36 fox is $1600 and the Lesco owner is asking $1350 obo. Thanks for any input you might have.

2. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

The lesco is a good mower. I had a 48 fixed deck for about a year and really liked the way it cut. With only 20 hours it is basically new. I would lean toward that one.

3. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

You might check into the new Redhawk mowers that have got a lot of play here on LS recently. You can buy a brand new 36" for around $1850 in my area.

www.redhawk-usa.com

4. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

Get a SCAG...

5. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of the two you listed, I would buy the Lesco.

6. dpullen4

dpullen4 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Here's the thing though...with the Quick 36, I'd get a hydro.

7. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

The Quick 36 hydro is available brand new in 2 models. One is $1995 and the other is a super duty model for $2295. I am not a big fan of Briggs and Stratton engines. They are fine for the little pushmowers for the homeowner, but, to put them to work I am not sure. The Lesco probably has a Kawisaki either a 14 or 15hp. The hydro is nice I am just not familiar with the Quick line.